Monday, January 25, 2010

Beginning New

This is my first blog entry and I am super excited to begin. I am starting a new business venture and can not wait to see where I can take this. My name is Diane and I live in Seattle, WA.. I have always loved making and designing things and I am now hopefully going to be able to make a living from it. I am married, have four children and four grandkids. I have always created and enjoyed making things for them and 3 years ago when I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I could not continue doing it anymore. I am now in remission and wanted to do something different in my life. I quit my job and started a store on line. Getting sick was never a plan of mine, but it made me think about the important things in life and made me realize that life is to short to do things that don't make you happy. So now I sell the things that I make and surprisingly I am doing well. I have received a lot of great feed back and everybody seems to really enjoy the items in my store. I chose the name It's The Small Things because it fits my attitude towards life these days. With all the stresses of life and constant hassles of the day, every once in a while something as small as a thank you card can make a world of difference. You may think that a little gesture is not worthy of your time, but to somebody else it may mean a good day versus a bad day. You don't have to spend a lot or go bankrupt to put a smile on somebody's face and believe me, a smile is worth a thousand words. In my store I sell lots of different items and am always willing to do something custom for you. I have a full fabric library and would love for you to stop by and see what can make you or somebody you know smile. Remember it's the small things in life that count.

1 comment:

  1. There are a ton of cute things on this site! I plan to order items for my kids classrooms.

    ReplyDelete